Char Siu Pork
Return to Pork Recipes
Barbecued tenderloin of pork is delicious as part of a banquet and if
there are any leftovers (which doesn't happen often!) add the thin
slices to fried rice for a quick and tasty meal.
Return to top of page
<>1 pork tenderloin (at least a Kilo)
<>4 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons sugar (or honey)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon grated ginger
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons of rice wine or sherry
1) Cut the tenderloin in half lengthways.
2) Mix the marinade ingredients
together and cover the pieces of tenderloin wither in a long dish or in
a sealable polythene bag. Marinate at least two hours, or
preferably overnight. Drain when ready to cook, reserving the marinade
3) Heat the oven to 200 degrees Centrigrade (Gas mark 6). You can also use a barbecue grill.
4) Place the pieces of pork tenderloin
on a rack in a roasting tin and cook in oven for 25 minutes, on one
side, then turn over and cook for abother 25 minutes on the other
side. Baste frequently with marinade.
5) When cooked, slice thinly and arrange on a heated platter.