The China Thrillers Series Peter May's LATEST NEWS BUY Peter May's China Thrillers
signed and personally inscribed
Try Peter May's
FAVOURITE ORIENTAL RECIPES
ALL ABOUT Peter May:
biography, background, interviews
Find out about Peter May's
Creative Writing Courses in France
ARTICLES by Peter May REVIEWS of Peter May's work the firemaker the fourth sacrifice the killing room snakehead the runner chinese whispers CONTACT Peter May back to HOME PAGE
This is the simplest batter you could find. It is also the lightest, and just about the most delicious. It is so light it barely coats the food, but provides a wonderful outer surface to which sauces cling tenaciously.
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 teaspoon grated ginger
(quantity is sufficient for two people)
1) Lay out the ingredients to be cooked.
2) Prepare the batter. Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add the cornflour and ginger and mix well. It doesn't matter if it is a little lumpy
3) Heat oil for deep-frying in a wok.
4) Place the food in the batter and toss well. Then deep-fry in batches for about 3 minutes until golden. Continue until all the ingredients are cooked.
5) Drain the cooked pieces on kitchen paper and serve with sauce or dips.
Return to top of page Return to Batters